Product Reviews, Restaurant Reviews and Recipes: All GLUTEN FREE!
Made a reservation in advance after spotting the listing as a Gluten Free Restaurant in Oxford.
The staff are well informed and have a useful folder which outlines individual ingredients in each major dish. A version of this document exists online. It covers whether they are:
– Suitable for vegetarians
– Suitable for Vegans
– Gluten present
– Soya /Soya product present
– Egg /Egg product present
– Milk /Milk product present
– Fish /Shellfish product present
– Additives present
– Seeds/ seed derivatives present (mustard, sesame and /or celery)
– Peanut (and/ or lupin) or their derivatives present
– Tree nuts/ nut derivatives present
Despite the wealth of knowledge, they do include the caveat that they do not 100% free from as cross-contamination does occur. However, to reassure a fussy diner on their choices, this is a really valuable information document.
I enjoyed a lovely steak, mushroom, bottomless chips, side salad and mustard (The English Mustard has no Gluten but French Mustard does!)