Restaurant Review: GLUTEN FREE Dim-Sum at Ping Pong, London….
After trading for ten years, the Chinese Dim-Sum Chain: Ping Pong have opened up their Menu and added more GLUTEN FREE options to their selection. This was particularly exciting as Chinese Food has always been a challenge since I went GLUTEN FREE (largely because of issues of cross-contamination as well as the obvious: Soy Sauce is largely made from Wheat!!!!).
Menu at Ping Pong.
On the Menu, Ping Pong identify which options are GLUTEN FREE which makes it easy to make a selection and now that they have widened up these options, a complete GLUTEN FREE dim-sum meal can be enjoyed:
- Chicken & Garlic Dumpling: a strong flavoured dumpling which was very much garlic!
- Prawn and Chive Dumpling: a unusually green dumpling which had diced prawns and chives which worked really well together.
- Tofu, Mushroom and Black Bean Rice Pot: A good substantial dish, in comparison to the dumplings, which was tasty. I am not one for the Tofu, but in this mixed dish, with the black beans, it was really good.
- Scallop & Shitake Dumpling: A great mix although very similar in taste to the prawn dumpling. The mushrooms added a soft savoury flavour to the mix.
- Hau Gau dumpling: a classic Dim Sim dish with chopped diced prawns encased in the dumpling. This was delicious although it could do with some GLUTEN FREE Soy sauce.
- Black Prawn Dumpling: This was a great intense dumpling with large King prawn pieces and a strange black casing.
- Edamame & Truffle Dumpling: This was a surprisingly tasty dumpling with a strong truffle flavour. It was a little hard to eat as the casing split leaving the Edamame beans running away!
So Well Done Ping Pong for opening up your Menu and offering new GLUTEN FREE choices.